The holidays are busy for everyone, but they are especially so for family caregivers. Finding ways to accomplish tasks quickly and without a lot of fuss can help caregivers navigate the holiday rush. That may include adapting some holiday traditions, such as changing a formal sit-down dinner to a cocktail party, to make the season easier to manage.
We pulled together eight quick and easy appetizer recipes to help save caregivers a little time during the holidays.
Healthy Holiday Appetizers That Are Easy and Quick to Make
- Glazed cocktail meatballs: Is it even a party if there aren’t any meatballs? This delicious but quick recipe for meatballs can be made ahead and placed in a crockpot at party time.
- Mini cheese ball: This fun party appetizer is made healthier by using almond milk cream cheese. It can also be made before the party and stored in the refrigerator.
- Avocado feta dip: If you are looking for an alternative to traditional vegetable dip, give this avocado feta dip a try. It’s packed with healthy fats, and avocados are filling and tasty.
- Mini pumpkin cheesecake bites: Combine crisp phyllo mini shells and pumpkin to create a holiday appetizer that is delicious without threatening your healthy diet. It’s rich in vitamin A and fiber.
- Stuffed mushrooms: This stuffed mushroom recipe combines roasted red pepper, feta, bread crumbs, and chopped spinach. It’s a savory treat your friends will enjoy.
- Chicken satay with peanut sauce: This flavorful holiday appetizer contains chicken, yogurt, ginger, peanut butter, and curry powder. It’s an easy-to-make treat that’s sure to please party guests.
- Sweet potato rounds with herbed ricotta: If you are searching for a quick holiday appetizer that is tasty and visually appealing, this is it. Just add ricotta cheese, cinnamon, walnuts, and cranberries on top of healthy sweet potato rounds.
- Carrot fries: Another holiday appetizer to try is carrot fries. With just 10 minutes of prep time, they’ll likely be popular with busy family caregivers. You can serve them with an easy-to-make chipotle sauce for an extra dash of flavor.
Healthy Eating at Sunrise Senior Living
At Sunrise Senior Living, we know the important role a well-balanced diet plays in aging well. The Sunrise dining program offers healthy meals that look and taste great. Best of all, residents and families can visit our website to get a nutritional breakdown for each meal served in our communities. It’s just one of the many ways we help residents live their best life each day!
Source: Sunrise Senior Living