A favorite in our Sunrise of Wood Ranch, CA, community, baked eggs can be prepared simply or with different toppings, such as a sprinkle of fresh thyme or chives, to create a variation on the classic flavor profile.
Often referred to as a “superfood,” eggs are an incredibly nutritious choice, especially in the morning. One egg has only 75 calories, but packs in seven grams of protein and a wide range of vitamins and minerals. A large egg yolk also contains 252 mcg of lutein, a carotenoid that can protect against cellular damage, the effects of aging and may reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
Sunrise at Wood Ranch
- 12 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 24 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare a one dozen cupcake tin. Cut the butter into 24 small cubes and place one cube in the bottom of each cupcake tin. Reserve the remaining cubes.
- Crack an egg into each cupcake tin portion.
- Place a cube of reserved butter on top of each egg.
- Gently pour 1 teaspoon of milk over each egg.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle eggs evenly with cheddar cheese and Ritz crackers.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 – 15 minutes until eggs are cooked to desired firmness.
Source: Sunrise Senior Living