The omega-3s in salmon are also known to be the building blocks of brain tissue and can form neural transmitters, which may help reduce the loss of cognitive performance associated with aging if eaten regularly.
Grilled Salmon BLT with Dill Aioli
- 2 large eggs yolks only
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the egg yolks, dill, garlic and mustard in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Add the lemon juice. Season to taste.
- 8 thick sliced white or wheat bread
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 4-oz skinless salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 leaves butter or green leaf lettuce
- 8 tomato slices
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside to drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Pour off the excess fat from the skillet. Brush the salmon with the olive oil and sear in the skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Toast the bread. Spread each slice of bread evenly with the dill aioli.
- Arrange each sandwich with 1 slice of lettuce, 2 slices of tomato, 1 fillet of salmon and 1 strip of bacon. Close each sandwich and slice in half.
Source: Sunrise Senior Living